Milan, Turin, Alba, Assisi, Rome Information
2. You will arrive in Milan at 11:40AM the following day. The group will have an opportunity to do some sightseeing in Milan via motor coach, so it should not be too tiring. The drive from Milan to Alba should take about 1 hour.
Suggested tips:3. Tips: we recommend giving the bus driver $3.00 per day, per person = $33.00 total
The tour guide should get $5.00 per day per person = $55.00 total
The hotel chambermaid should get $2.00 per day = $20.00 total
Euros are preferred and the rate of exchange right now is around 1.25 but could easily change by October.
4. It is a good idea to use a Debit Card. Pilgrims should check with their banks ahead of time to make sure their pin numbers are compatible with Italian ATM machines. Credit cards charge 5% on transactions, and should only be used for large purchases. Travelex offers prepaid cards that we strongly recommend, since they only charge about 1% per transaction. Travelex can be accessed via the internet at travelex.com. You can lock into a low exchange rate and the card can be used as a credit or debit card good for 4 years.
5. It is better to exchange money once in Italy, perhaps exchanging a little bit at the airport. The amount of cash to bring along depends on the individuals. Total tips will average $110.00 for the whole stay, which converted to EUROS, right now would be about EURO 85.00
6. October weather brings warm days and cool nights. Layers work best and definitely comfortable shoes.
7. One suitcase alone should be checked no heavier than 50 lbs. Additional bags will be charged by the airlines and Select International is not responsible for additional charges for baggage and/or weight excess. One carry-on is permitted that should fit in the overhead compartment or underneath the seat and weigh no more than 40lbs.
8. The return time into Newark (EWR) from Rome (FCO) via Lisbon (LIS) is 03:35PM on October 30.
also see TRAVEL TIPS file here:
Posted by Association of Pauline Cooperators